Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscar Day in Hollywood

This morning before my Dearly Departed Tour I wanted to catch Hollywood Blvd. before it got all crazy and they closed off everything.
The Boulevard is closed to all traffic for 10 blocks with 4 check points prior to the Red Carpet. The final being a short maze of concrete and through a metal gate that flips up in about 2 seconds in case of terrorists.










Once the tour ended I headed to find out what was available as far as viewing anything. Instead of staying in one spot I thought it best to walk around the entire perimeter of what was off limits.
First my own corner at Cherokee this is the last of the check points, the first 3 are just showing the tag in the window, this is the search under the cars with the Bomb Squad.

Everyone, even the Limos. Chain link fence lines the street and this year they were very picky about letting people up to the actual corner of Hollywood and Highland, so I got what I could and moved on to Highland and Sunset 'cause that's where the Real limos go. 
The westboro baptist church was there and this is my first actual encounter with these "christians" and thankfully they were drowned out by by the normal people. For those of you not from the United States, this is a (In My Opinion) group of christians who are, to use a term that Scott Michaels uses from time to time, "Crazy as a rat in a coffee can". You can look them up if you want but I will not provide a link for obvious reasons. 
The rest was somewhat uneventful although seeing the FBI Bomb Squad was cool.
I've gotta get back out now that my camera is recharged and check out the after party.
More later, I hope you enjoy. The rest of the pictures are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment